Hey friends I am back Now I have some special information for you all so lets start a true story of the “Samsung Galaxy Ace With Android Os for update. The first leaked gingerbread was S5830XXKP8 and now the are two more builds with the latest release S5830XXKPB already out. So if you have not flashed your Ace with gingerbread till now, directly go for S5830XXKPB.
You can also keep checking Tsar.com for availability of new firmware.
There are many questions that many user may have related to performance. Well till now I have not found any such big problems. The overall performance is better than Froyo. Every hardware i.e WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS etc are working correctly. I also notice bit quality gain in camera pictures. Moreover S5830XXKP8 do not have any option to enter proxy address in advance Wifi settings. So if you were facing this problem after updating to Gingerbread from the previous post then update to S5830XXKPB.
Rooting Gingerbread 2.3.3 on Galaxy Ace
It was a long time till now when tools like Super One Click Root and Gingerbreak failed to root Ace with Gingerbread. Thanks to a Russian forum member may213 who released this method to help Galaxy Ace users.Before going through the precess of rooting you have to download a small file named upd_1.zip.
- Once you have downloaded the file copy it to your SD card. For ease of work copy it in root of SD card.
- Switch off your handset and wait till the vibration is over.
- Now switch the phone in recovery mode. Press and hold Power button + middle menu button together to start in recovery mode.
- Once you are in recovery mode you will get lot of options on screen. In recovery mode touchscreen does not work, so use the volume up/down buttons to toggle through options. To confirm options press the middle button.
- Go to the second option i.e apply update from SD card.
- Upon selecting the second option you will need to select the fileupd_1.zip. Press the middle button to apply changes.
- It takes 2-3 seconds to install the update.
- Once the above step is complete, reboot your system from the first option.
- As the phone reboots you will have super user in it. Your phone is rooted now. If you have not followed any of the steps follow the video tutorial.